[mapserver-users] MapServer consuming 100% CPU

Desarrollo Desarrollo devmapserver at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 02:56:51 EST 2008

Hi,

   I am developing an application with  MapServer v2.2.7 with Apache  on
Windows XP, but I have a serious problem, below I describe it:

Using Navteq demo maps from Paris, the Streets.shp have around 500000 line
strings features, when mapserver renders the layer without using DBF data
(only  draw lines) everything is OK and fast, but when mapserver needs to
access to the DBF to render labels or use expressions to filter data,
mapserver starts to consuming 100% CPU and nothing is rendered after to
spends a long time.

Using Teleatlas demo maps for a medium city of Spain, the Street.shp with
around 11000 line strings features doesn't show any trouble and mapserver
renders the images OK and fast even accessing to DBF to render labels

Could somebody help me with this problem? Why does it happen? How do I solve
it?

Thank you very much.