[mapserver-users] MapServer consuming 100% CPU

Desarrollo Desarrollo devmapserver at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 02:43:38 EST 2008

Thank you very much for your answer,

Therefore, Should I think that Shapefiles / DBF data is not suitable for
MapServer if the number of features in the shapefile is a "big" number like
473815 line strings in the Streets.shp? I've tried with MajHwys.shp
(35295 linestrings features) labeling and using expressions and works ok.
Streets.shp with its 473815 linestrings is rendered fast if there is not DBF
access (not labeling neither expressions), but when DBF access is needed
Mapservers hangs up!
Will MySQL spatial data increase the speed and number of features that
MapServer can manage?

Best regards