[mapserver-users] Problems with embedded legend after upgrade to 5.0.2 (Perl MapScript)

Roberto Bianconi roberto.bianconi at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 12:54:52 EST 2008

Hello,

I have a Perl script where - with Mapscript - I first generate an
image and then I embed it into a
larger image, so that I can print on the right a legend for the emebedded image.
Printing the legend on the right side is the last step, with these
lines of code ($map is a mapObj):

        $map->{legend}->{position} = 2;
        $map->embedLegend($img);
        $map->drawLabelCache($img);
        $img->save($image_file);

With older Mapserver versions it worked nicely and the legend was
printed at the upper right.
Now with version 5.0.2 the legend is always embedded on the upper LEFT
corner, and the left half is missing.
Is there any version change that might cause this behaviour with the
above code lines ?

Thank you for any  hint.
Roberto