RV: [mapserver-users] MapServer consuming 100% CPU

Fuchs Juan Carlos jfuch at indec.mecon.gov.ar
Wed Feb 27 14:28:29 EST 2008

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Fuchs Juan Carlos
Enviado el: Miércoles, 27 de Febrero de 2008 04:07 p.m.
Para: 'Desarrollo Desarrollo'
CC: mapserver-users at lists.osgeo.org
Asunto: RE: [mapserver-users] MapServer consuming 100% CPU

Sergio:
One's more:
in my .map  ( http://200.51.91.231 <http://200.51.91.231> .)
I separated all lines/poligons from labels.
Say:
layer Rivers
Tipe Line
Group Aqua...
several classes
the first for the big and important ones
the second for the adyascent and permanent rivers
the last for the little ones
each one restricted with minscale  / maxscale

layer Names
Group Aqua
type Annotation...
same classes, same maxscale  /  minscale restrictions
just different type sizes for each one

Remember that Truetype is a bit slower that Bitmap, but it's worth the
prize!

The group statement is to turn on / off in only one call.

On the other side it let's you track down the render time for each layer
so you will have a better control.

I never tried the new toy
ANGLE Follow
Its supoused to follow the line path along the river !!

If we are struggling to beat down the render time, keep it simple
but if you want it to be nice ...  :)

In reference to your Windows+ASP/Linux+Apache question, in my experience
it's quite the same
diferences i made comes from intensive (really intensive) map file tunning!.
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/mapfiletuning
<http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/mapfiletuning>  (It's is a must
read!)

happy testing!