[mapserver-users] Printing from MapServer with parameters?

kreshna_iceheart at yahoo.com kreshna_iceheart at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 28 05:26:47 EST 2008

Hi, sorry for the newbie question again. I need to
print from MapServer (using a Print button on the web
page), but I need to:
1) specify the paper size (A3, A4, etc)
2) specify the map area size to be printed
3) specify which layer(s) to be printed

Thus, I will need to print and pass the necessary
parameters that will affect how the map will be
printed.

The problem is, I'm a newbie, and I'm completely
unfamiliar with PHP Map Script.

a) can I just use "standard" Map Server CGI parameters
and using JavaScript to print? But if that's the case,
can I specify which layer(s) to print if I'm printing
that way?

b) or should I use PHP Map Script for the purpose?

c) anyone has sample codes to share, please?

Many thanks,
-Kresh

So be it. If saying "NO" means being alone, then to hell with love, with women, with marriage, with God, religions, bars, nightclubs, computer games, and all the shit life keeps pumping at me. I'll walk alone, but with freedom and a healed pride.