[MAPSERVER-USERS] Mapserver equivalent for .NET

Adam Hill adam.hill at gmail.com
Fri Feb 29 10:37:29 EST 2008

I don't think it is actually using MapServer proper. Daniel was just
pulling our collective legs :)

They do have a Extension framework where they use
GDAL/OGR/Oracle/Postgis C# wrapper libraries extensively as data
providers. They also make use of the .NET port of JTS for spatial
operators and ProjNET, which is the port of Proj4.

They do have a client app demo of SharpMap here -
http://www.codeplex.com/Project/Download/FileDownload.aspx?ProjectName=SharpMap&DownloadId=24213
. And if someone from OSGeo/MS wants to stop buy and and ask for some
logo reciprocation love they have pretty regular IRC meetings.

adam...