[mapserver-users] Mapserver equivalent for .NET

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Fri Feb 29 11:13:45 EST 2008

Tim,

I think this article makes sense, but there are a number of advantages
of the 'BSD-ing' either. Most of the commercial users wouldn't want to
choose this project if it was GPL-d so they would want to reinvent the
wheels instead of suggesting good enhancements for the project. This
option has a more powerful influence to collect a fair amount of users
getting involved and keep the things alive and prevent from creating
duplicated solutions.

On the other hand I'm not totally sure in that every user is
completely aware of the requirements and the restrictions of the
actual open source license they use.

Best regards,

Tamas