(some) ImageMaps are Empty

Bob Bruce Bob.Bruce at GOV.MB.CA
Wed Jan 2 13:32:58 EST 2008

Hi:
       I am hoping that someone out there can help me with this issue of
MapServer that is probably a little "off the beaten track" of uses of
MapServer. I am trying to generate imagemaps of point symbols on my map and
am finding that as soon as my map has more that 41 point symbols on it the
imagemap becomes emply except for the beginning and closing map statements.
The imagemap for maps with 41 or less symbols are generated perfectly well.

   Is this a MapServer bug (or whatever) or is it something that I'm doing
wrong?

You can see the working page at:
http://209.205.39.229/Mpages/indexMuralsMap.php if you choose the Glenwood
neighbourhood from the drop-down box you will see a map with the correct
imagemap but if you choose the neighbourhood of "Dufferin" all of a sudden
the imagemap becomes empty.

    I have been working to update version 4.10.2 of MapServer with some
changes that I made way back in version 4.3 in 2005 and everything seemed to
be going well until I hit this. I've started looking through the source to
see if I could find out why this is happening and haven't got very far with
it yet.

thanks in advance for help,
                                     Bob Bruce
                                     Winnipeg, Manitoba