PROJ support in MS 4.4.1 on IIS

Ben Madin ben at REMOTEINFORMATION.COM.AU
Thu Jan 3 09:11:31 EST 2008

G'day all,

I am adding some functionality to system (Windows NT  5.2 / Microsoft-
IIS/6.0) on which I can change very little outside the web tree. The
system has php/mapscript 4.4.1 and SUPPORTS=PROJ.

However, when I try :

$projInObj = ms_newprojectionobj("init=epsg:$from_proj");

I get :

Fatal error: [MapServer Error]: msProcessProjection(): No such file
or directory

I gather from docs etc this is probably a path error to find the proj
directory, which can either be moved to somewhere in the path, or a
path setting made, or a PROJ_LIB environment variable set.

Being an apache background myself, I was hoping someone might know
the most straightforward ways to:

a) find the proj directory, and

b) address the issue of mapscript not being able to find it: can I
use the config parameter without calling a map file? (I only want to
reproject points on this page?)

It is all working fine on the development machine, using the ms4w 4.8
platform.

Thanks In advance.

cheers

Ben