OpenGIS for Mac - Recommendations?

Stefan Schwarzer stefan.schwarzer at GRID.UNEP.CH
Fri Jan 11 01:51:07 EST 2008

Hi there,

a couple of years ago I tried to get an overview of alternatives to
ESRI ArcView/ArcGIS, and found some small apps like uDig, qGIS etc....
It didn't really convince me. And the first experiences with GRASS
weren't too promising. Now, I know, lot has changed. GRASS seems to be
superbe once you've crossed the first challenges.

But for the ArcMap-style GIS software: what can you recommend? Nice
GUI? With a couple of functions, like buffer, editing, reprojecting...

Thanks for any feedback.

Stef

   Lean Back and Relax - Enjoy some Nature Photography
   http://photoblog.la-famille-schwarzer.de

   Appetite for Global Data? UNEP GEO Data Portal:
   http://geodata.grid.unep.ch