edited image not being saved and displayed properly

Fawcett, David David.Fawcett at STATE.MN.US
Tue Jan 15 09:02:59 EST 2008

Usually this issue is due to the EXTENT or PROJECTION settings.  It
sounds like you are really getting a new image with every request, it is
just not showing any data.

Make sure that your own data falls within the bounding box defined by
the EXTENT at the top of the mapfile.  The extent is defined in the
units of your spatial reference system.  For UTM this is meters, for
lat/long it is decimal degrees, etc.

Also, make sure that the value for UNITS is set to the proper units for
your spatial reference system.

Another thing to check is to see that your layer has a STATUS of
DEFAULT, or you are adding the layer name to the post or get request
(e.g. &layer=myNewLayer)

If this doesn't help, I suggest posting the text from your map file.

David.