loadMap(): Web application error. CGI variable "map" is not set.

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Tue Jan 22 11:12:37 EST 2008

I had no problems trying this just now with the GMap add-on application
for MS4W.  You should do the same steps and check that it works with
that same application:

- download the "PHP/MapScript Sample Application" from
http://www.maptools.org/ms4w/index.phtml?page=downloads.html
- extract that at the same drive root as your existing ms4w install
- edit /htdocs/gmap75_wms.map and remove the MAP parameter from its
onlineresource metadata:

        "wms_onlineresource"   "http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?"
- edit /Apache/conf/httpd.conf and add:

   SetEnvIf Request_URI "/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe"
MS_MAPFILE=/ms4w/apps/gmap/htdocs/gmap75_wms.map

- restart apache
- try a GetCapabilities request without the MAP parameter:

http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?SERVICE=wms&VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=GetCapabilities

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna