Map file with 35,000+ Lines... management issue

ritesh ambastha ritesh.linux at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jan 24 10:38:57 EST 2008

Yeah, you pointed out a very valid point.
As open layers handled my map file in an efficient manner, I didn't
overloaded myself with implementation of Tiling.

But, there is one more serious thought. Lets try to understand this problem:

Example:

Layer 1 : [shapefile] Roads of a country.

The attributes of this road layer changes w.r.t. zoom-levels. For instance,
at higher zoom level roads seems thinner, and at lower it seems broader.
So, for these zoom-levels, I used Maxscale/Minscale values and developed
multiple layers for this Layer.

Layer 2: [shapefile] Roads of a state

The above case is true with this layer too.

I hope this could magnify my problem.

Regards,
Ritz

Ritesh Ambastha,