arcsde 9.0 support ms4w2.2.6

Till Adams adams at TERRESTRIS.DE
Fri Jan 25 07:45:45 EST 2008

Juan Arévalo schrieb:

>Hi folks,
>
>I installed the ms4w 2.2.6 mapserver package and works fine. I´ve also
>installed ARCSDE 9.0 client APIs in the same machine in order to allow
>mapserver the connection. However, I went through the readme install notes
>from the package and I only found the Steps to Enable SDE 9.1 and 9.2
>Support but not SDE 9.0. Does anyone know how to set up the connection for
>arcsde 9.0?
>
>In theory, the connection should be possible as it says on mapserver site.
>
>Thanks for your help, much appreciated!!
>
>Juan Arévalo.

Juan,

you have to find (ask the list) a windows "mapserv.exe" which has the
(optional) ArcSDE-Support buildt in.

To check this
open control panel -> execute -> cmd (dos-box)
type
# cd c:/ms4w/apache/cgi-bin/
# mapserv.exe -v

This shows you the capabilities of your mapserv.exe.
Normally the ms4w package doesn't have ArcSDE support built in.

Regards, Till

terrestris GmbH & Co. KG
Irmintrudisstrasse 17
53111 Bonn