[mapserver-users] Map Rendering With GeoMoose

Bob Basques Bob.Basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Thu Jul 3 11:30:28 EDT 2008

John,

It sounds like you are describing the image stretching action that GeoMoose performs while it is waiting for a response from the server with a new image.  GeoMoose will stretch or shrink the current image(s) rather than leave a blank screen for the user while it waits for the new image to be retrieved from MapServer.  There may be a update problem occurring somewhere.

Is your Application available online?  It would help on the list to see what you see.  Even a before and after screenshot would help.

bobb

>>> "John Beck" <beckjoh at knology.net> wrote:
Hello list, I hope someone can help me.

I am trying to use GeoMoose 1.4 on Apache with MS4W.  I also use IE for my browser.

I have successfully loaded x,y data from MySql. I use the standared circle "ellipse" symbol.

NAME 'circle'
TYPE ELLIPSE
POINTS 1 1 END
FILLED TRUE

In other MapServer applications, (p.mapper, jbox, and Chameleon) when I zoom into the points a nice series of small rounded points are shown. In GeoMoose, when I zoom into a series of points the points look more like large raster blocks and they are all merged together.  In fact they are not even round.

My data are in Lat Long, units dd. Do you think it could be a precision issue or coordinate issue? I notice in the coordinate bar that the decimal places only go 2 values. This data is at least 6 decimals places and the points are close together however other mapserver applications can display the data fine. Should I first convert to UTM? Could this be a mode = map vs. mode = browse issue?  Any ideas or thoughts would be appreciated. I would like to use GeoMoose but this could be a show stopper.

Thanks in advance.

JB