[mapserver-users] Ref: Highlight the selected area onmousemove byOpenLayer

Léveillé, James James.Leveille at mtq.gouv.qc.ca
Thu Jul 3 10:05:50 EDT 2008

We did something like what Steve mentionned with OL.

We added a layer designed to display the hilited polygon (or line).
On a mouse pause (0.5 secs), we send a getFeatureInfo.
With the resulting ID, we call MapServer again (getMap this time) using the
given ID as a filter to a specific MapServer layer.

Works fine, even if two calls to the server are necessary.
There might be a better way ...

JAMES LÉVEILLÉ
Service des systèmes de Mission
Direction des technologies de l'information
Ministère des Transports du Québec
5833, boul. Pierre-Bertrand, 2ième étage
Québec (Québec) G2K 1K7
Téléphone:   (418) 380-2005 poste 227
Télécopieur: (418) 644-6653
james.leveille at mtq.gouv.qc.ca