[mapserver-users] Map Rendering With GeoMoose

Bob Basques Bob.Basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Thu Jul 3 14:50:43 EDT 2008

John,

Ok, that's what I thought on the scaling of the image, the service is not giving up an image for some reason at the lower scale level (where the points get pixelated {after image]) or GeoMoose is not making the request for some reason.  Mapserver should serve up a new image for each zoom level, even if there is a MINSCALE/MAXSCALE setting in the MAPFILE.   You would just get a blank image if the view was out of range.  So something is going wrong here somewhere.

Unfortunately, the next testing steps I would pursue would be to run a couple of sample requests directly against the MapServer to see if the problem is with MapServer or GeoMoose.  If MapServer returns the image, then it's GeoMoose config problem, other wise it's a MapFile config, or MapServer problem.  The scale settings in the MapFile may have something to do with this as well.  Seeing the MapFile might shed some light on a possible mis-config.

Do you know how to use FireBug in FireFox (Best combination of tools for debugging IMO).   Firebug will show you all the requests that are going on between the client and server and allow you to test the calls one at a time.  It's either that route, or I'll (we'll) need to have access to the server results in an online mode to help further.

bobb

>>> "John Beck" <beckjoh at knology.net> wrote:
Bob

THanks for your response.  I think you are correct about the update problem.  I had to put the "scale" variable in just to get it to zoom correctly.  Here are the screen shots.  My application is not online yet.  Do you think this could be a lat long problem i.e. not enough precision?