[mapserver-users] Flash (swf) - Link between buttons and Element?

Marie-Eve Lévesque marieeve16 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 8 11:50:28 EDT 2008

I am using MapServer to generate Flash (.swf). It generally works well, my shapes are generated and I get my events by ElementSelected, and my attributes in the Element object of the generated swf.

But, there is one thing that I can't get: the ID associated to a button or to one of the shapes. For example, I have an object with the id "15", the name "Montreal" and the value "10". In "Element", I have all those informations, but I don't know what button is associated to id 15... (in my case, with tests I know that "button164" is associated to my id 15, but how can I know that dynamically?)

What I would like to have is, either an "buttonId" attribute in "Element", either an attribute "associatedId" in the button. Is there something like that in MapServer?

If it doesn't exists, is there an other way to have that like between my data in Element and the generated buttons?

Thanks,
Marie-Eve