[mapserver-users] did something change in reading in empty TAB files?

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Wed Jul 9 12:59:17 EDT 2008

On 9-Jul-08, at 12:14 PM, Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS) wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> at least starting Mapserver 4.10 (GDAL 1.3.2) there seems to be a
> problem with reading empty MapInfo TAB files, whereas in the past
> (4.6 for sure) this used to work. Is this issue known to someone?
>
> The error I get is:
>
> 09-Jul-2008 18:08:23] PHP Warning:  [MapServer Error]:
> msOGRFileNextShape(): InitBlockFromData(): Invalid Block Type: got 0
> expected 2
> in D:\ms4w\apps\stragisweb\htdocs\common\chameleon\htdocs\common
> \wrapper\drawmap.php on line 533
>
> An example TAB file can be found here:
> www.osgis.nl/download/mapserver/gemgrens.zip
>
> Best regards,
> Bart

Bart,

I tried your test TAB with ms4w 2.2.7 (GDAL 1.5.0 and Mapserver 5.0.2)
and: 1) ogrinfo reads the tab normally, 2)  shp2img created the blank
map image properly with no errors, and 3) I modified /ms4w/Apache/
htdocs/quickmap.php to point to this test mapfile and it also
correctly produced a blank map image in the browser.

The key points in my test mapfile are:

EXTENT 149999 349999 150000 350000
UNITS METERS

LAYER