[mapserver-users] gap between layers

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Jul 15 09:02:48 EDT 2008

Jean-Paul Chiron wrote:
> Hello,
> when I've migrate one mapserver application from a server to another,
> with the same version of software ( mapserver 4.6.1 ), I've a big gap
> between the base map (which is based on .shp file) et the layers which
> are based on postgis.
>
> The problem cannot came from postgis, because it's the same database
> between the two servers.
>
> I was thinking that it comes from GDAL, but I didn't see anything...
>
> Is there anybody have an idear for that problem ?
> Where can I investigate to find the mistake ?

Jean-Paul,

Is there reprojection involved?  Datum shifting?  Perhaps it relates
to a different version of PROJ.4 or difficulty finding datum shift files?
There has been a significant change in the how PROJ.4 decides when a
change of datum shift should be applied between PROJ 4.5 and 4.6.

These are angles I'd look into a bit if I were you.

Best regards,