[mapserver-users] CGI controls - Symbol

Steve Lime Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Mon Jul 14 10:58:26 EDT 2008

I wonder if this is related to using an image. If you define another named symbol in your
mapfile, e.g.:

SYMBOL
  TYPE PIXMAP
  NAME 'blue_star'
  IMAGE ./blue_star.gif
END

and then try to reference it:

  ...&map.layer[0].CLASS[0].STYLE[0]=SYMBOL+'blue_star'&...

Does that work? Might be a reasonable workaround.

MapServer resolves symbol names at the end of mapfile parsing and that's probably not
happening in this case. The reason we wait until the end is because symbols and symbolsets
can be anywhere in the file. This is probably a bug if you'd please file a ticket...

Steve