[mapserver-users] toWKT() method

Steve Lime Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Mon Jul 14 13:53:36 EDT 2008

In the GEOS code though I go to great length to create a proper multipolygon geometry
in GEOS by determining which rings are inner or outer. GEOS in turn should generate a
multipolygon WKT string then if appropriate. That said, this is all done on a shape by
shape basis with no connection to the source table type. In other words you'll only see
a multipolygon if the geometry truly is one.

If you have a multipolygon that isn't right in wkt then we have a bug to address.

Steve