[mapserver-users] Trouble with a Share Point Portal.

Pietro Giannini pgiannini at bytewise.it
Thu Jul 17 08:24:05 EDT 2008

Yes.

The strange is that another application, in a non SharePoint IIS, run well
with the precompiled binaries shipping in the ms4w package.
A Share Point portal (this is Share Point Services 3.0) however has a more
restrictive policy for the customized assemblies to deploy in, and an
assembly must to be registrered in the Global Assembly Cach and described
as "safe control" in the web.config of the site collection (the virtual
directory of site).
This is the reason I must to recompile the entire project: to have a
mapscript_csharp.dll strong-named to add it to GAC.

any idea?

many thanks

--
Pietro Giannini