[mapserver-users] WFS_ENCODING problems

Gabriel Messner gabmessner at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 06:28:49 EDT 2008

I´ve solved the problem; I post de solution for future searchings:
1. I keep de Postgis Database encoding to UTF-8
2. I changed the client_encoding in the postgresql.conf to client encoding =
iso-8859-1
3. Then I changed the Layer Metadata in the mapfile to 'Layer_Encoding'
'Latin1'.

Now the special characters 'ñ', 'á', etc are shown properly.