[mapserver-users] Compiling Issues: Ubuntu 8.04 -- libgd and gdFontCacheSetup

Matthew Pettis matthew.pettis at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 09:16:59 EDT 2008

Hi,

More and different compiling issues from the one I've already
posted... My configure script errors as shown below (truncated because
I believe the most important part is included):
configure: checking where libiconv is installed...
checking for iconv_open in -lc... yes
checking for libiconv_open in -liconv... yes
        using libiconv from -L -liconv
        libiconv found. Enabling internationalization (-DUSE_ICONV)
configure: checking for GD 2.0.16 or higher...
checking for gdFontCacheSetup in -lgd... no
configure: checking whether GD needs libiconv...
checking for gdFontCacheSetup in -lgd... no
configure: error: Could not find gd.h or libgd.a/libgd.so in /usr/lib.
 Make sure GD 2.0.16 or higher is compiled before calling configure.
You may also get this error if you didn't specify the appropriate
location for one of GD's dependencies (freetype, libpng, libjpeg or
libiconv).

Now, I have libgd version 2.0.35, so this should work... I have gd.h
and libgd.a/libgd.so (the latter are in /usr/lib/).  I think it is
choking because of the gdFontCacheSetup.  Any idea on how to fix this?

Thanks,
Matt

--
It is from the wellspring of our despair and the places that we are
broken that we come to repair the world.