[MAPSERVER-USERS] GIS: Display Data from MySQL in Cartoweb

manjacat khairilrizal at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 18 21:33:48 EDT 2008

Dear All,

I have a problem with my GIS project at the moment.

My *.shp database stores lotnumber which is a character ranged from "00001"
to "58000" (give or take a few hundred..)

my SQL table links this lotnumber to a projectID, for example "00001" to
"10060", "00002" to "10103" etc.

What I want to do is when a user queries a polygon in my map (I am using
Cartoweb3), I want the user to see the data from the *.shp database as well
as the data from the SQL database.

In other words, I want to join this two tables and display them in Cartoweb
when the user queries them.

something like this:

lotnumber   |    landuse         |    projectID
00001        |    housing area  |        10060

* lotnumber and landuse column is from *.shp, whilst projectID is from
MySQL.

Any suggestion? any help or lead is greatly appreciated. Thank you in
advance.