[mapserver-users] Query all layers with blank qlayer?

Emerson, Gabe gemerson at WelshCo.com
Mon Jul 21 15:54:37 EDT 2008

Hi everyone,

I'm running into trouble when I try to use ItemQuery and ItemNQuery with
a blank qlayer. Does the 5.0 release still support querying all layers
in this way? If not, what's the current method?  I haven't been able to
find anything aside from Bill Kropla's text and the online list of CGI
controls, which states:

If (qlayer) not specified then all layers are searched in turn.

However, if I leave qlayer blank in my input form, or enter it in the
url with no value, I get the following:

mapserv(): Web application error. Query layer not set or references an
invalid layer.

I do have some layers which are displayed but not queryable (no
templates defined), do all layers have to be queryable before this
method will work?

Thanks!

-Gabe Emerson