[mapserver-users] php_mapscript compatibility trouble

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Thu Jul 24 17:18:56 EDT 2008

alim karim wrote:

> i'd leave it to the development guys to make the call on whether
> --enable-debug should automatically change the ZEND_DEBUG flag - it
> would be nice if it did.

I don't think --enable-debug should also set the ZEND_DEBUG flag in
php_mapscript.c because we sometimes (often in my case) want
MapServer/MapScript in debug mode but with a regular (non-debug) PHP
build, so the two are not directly linked.

That being said, a new --enable-php-debug configure option could
possibly be added, or if possible we should consider removing that
hardcoded ZEND_DEBUG define in php_mapscript.c since the value is
presumably set already in the zend headers and we should not mess with
it in our own code.

I have filed a ticket in Trac about this so that we don't forget:

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/