[mapserver-users] Add Content to the Legend

Stefan Schwarzer stefan.schwarzer at grid.unep.ch
Fri Jul 25 01:40:09 EDT 2008

Class definition looks like this:

LAYER
	NAME total_co2_90.tif
	TYPE RASTER
	STATUS DEFAULT
	DATA total_co2_90.tif
	PROJECTION
		'init=epsg:4326'
	END

Normally, when dealing with shapefiles, I have something like this:

CLASS
	NAME 'Units: Teragrams CO2 Equivalent'
	EXPRESSION ([value]=-110003)
	TEMPLATE 'units as title in legend'
END  # CLASS
CLASS NAME '0 to 111'
	EXPRESSION ([value]<=111)
	COLOR 255 255 178

As I have many different raster files, it would be somewhat of a
hassle to hard-code their legends (in mapfile form). These legends are
loaded separately as GIFs.

I just want to have an additional info displayed, the units, which I
would like to display dynamically, as they can be expressed in
different languages.

Stef