[mapserver-users] Poll: Do you think a standalone Mapfile editing tool is necessary?

Luigi Castro Cardeles luigi.cardeles at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 17:45:39 EDT 2008

hi,

maybe we don't need a new tool. A plugin for a text editor maybe do that
job.
Something like a "extend" auto-complete (when you put the LAYER definition,
the plugin also put all the optins you have - CONNECTION, CLASS etc).

Sometimes i am lost with so many options (Layer -> Class -> Style -> n
options if polygon -> outline color, color, etc).

1+ to cross plataform (with qt or gtk)

[]'s

2008/7/24 Robert W. Burgholzer <rburghol at vt.edu>:

> If the standalone tool was web-based, then most definitely. :)
>
> r.b.
>

> Quoting Yves Jacolin <yjacolin at free.fr>:
>
> > Enri,
> >
> > Le jeudi 24 juillet 2008 02:43, enri a écrit :
> > > Anyway, this tool will puts focus on windows users
> > I am sad to read this, can't you think to all other linux geek? :)
> >
> > Depends on the langage you use, might it be portable to another
> plateform?
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Y.
> > --
> > Yves Jacolin
> > -------------
> > "Donner la liberté aux individus ne suffit pas, il faut aussi leur donner
> du
> > pouvoir, de la puissance d'agir." M Gauchet
> >
> > "Give freedom to people is not enough, we also have to give them the
> power to
> > use this freedom, to act". M Gauchet
> >

> --
> Robert W. Burgholzer
> --
> Finding the occasional straw of truth awash in a great ocean of confusion
> and
> bamboozle requires intelligence, vigilance, dedication and courage.  But if
> we
> don't practice these tough habits of thought, we cannot hope to solve the
> truly
> serious problems that face us -- and we risk becoming a nation of suckers,
> up
> for grabs by the next charlatan who comes along.
> -- Carl Sagan, "The Fine Art of Baloney Detection," Parade, February 1,
> 1987
>
> Web Hydrology Objects - Online Collaborative Modeling:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/npsource/
> Home Page:
> http://soulswimmer.dynalias.net/

Luigi Castro Cardeles