[mapserver-users] Rendering directly geometry and data streams

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 07:42:31 EDT 2008

Hi,

This requirement might require to perform a join between the different
data sources. Unfortunately mapserver has only a limited join
functionality, mostly related to the CGI version. However you could
also use the OGR SQL option to join tables from multiple data sources:
http://www.gdal.org/ogr/ogr_sql.html

You can specify the SQL definition in the DATA section of the LAYER in
the mapfile.

The option above would require to read the shapefile data source
directly, and you cannot use a stream to feed the data to the OGR
driver at the moment. For this purpose you may have to implement
either a mapserver plugin (in C/C++) or add the feature with the
desired fields to an empty layer manually by using the OGR C#
interface.

Best regards,

Tamas