[mapserver-users] MapServer + Database + WFS

Yewondwossen Assefa yassefa at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Jul 30 11:38:06 EDT 2008

Tim,

  I have used mainly Postgis with Mapserver and WFS. I am pretty sure
some have used SDE as a back end.  Oracle spatial is also known to work
with Mapserver for a while so I see no reason why it could not be used
as a WFS server too.
  Are you facing particular problems? Are you concerned about
performance issues? As for the documentation, I am assuming that you are
taking about http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/wfs_server, It has
been a while that It has been updated but information in it is still
correct. Maybe specific issues/comment could help improving it.

best Regards,

Nolte, Tim wrote:
> Is no one out there using Oracle Spatial, or any other DB, with
> MapServer and WFS? There is pretty much a huge lack of documentation for
> serving WFS from MapServer. It would be nice to know if what I'm
> attempting is even possible or not. Thanks if someone does actually
> respond.
>
> - Tim
>
> ----
> Timothy J Nolte - tnolte at ilpcs.com