[MAPSERVER-USERS] BoundingBox SRS of the GetCapabilities

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Mar 5 09:14:59 EST 2008

cfb wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm testing the GetCapabilities of my WMS (working with MapServer 5.0.2 CGI
> for Windows), and comparing it with others WMS. Regardless of the
> projections of the layers (EPSG 23030), I've realized that the Boundingbox
> of the header and of each layer depends on the order of the SRS list
> (PROJECTION object), for example:
>
> PROJECTION
>    "init=epsg:4230"
>    "init=epsg:4258"
>    "init=epsg:23030"
>    "init=epsg:23029"
>    "init=epsg:4324"
>    "init=epsg:4326"
>    "init=epsg:32629"
>    "init=epsg:32630"
>    "init=epsg:4267"
>    "init=epsg:4269"
>    "init=epsg:3035"
>    "init=epsg:3034"
>  END

Carla,

You should only have one coordinate system definition in your PROJECTION
block which should reflect the actual coordinate system of the data on
disk (or in the database,etc).  The list of offered coordinate systems for
WMS server should be handle via the wms_srs metadata item in the web section.

Like:

WEB

  IMAGEPATH "/tmp/ms_tmp/"
  IMAGEURL "/ms_tmp/"

   METADATA
     "wms_title"		   "Test simple wms"
     "wms_onlineresource"   "http://localhost/path/to/wms_simple?"
     "wms_srs"		   "EPSG:42304 EPSG:42101 EPSG:4269 EPSG:4326"
     "ows_schemas_location" "http://ogc.dmsolutions.ca"
   END
END

Best regards,