[MAPSERVER-USERS] msProcessProjection(): Projection library error.

rich.fromm nospam420 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 5 21:47:27 EST 2008

rich.fromm wrote:

>> I am in the process of running another test, this using a build of the
>> tip of branch-5-0, along with local patches both for bug 2497 and for bug
>> 2533 (in other words, this patch).
>>

> It also ran fine (for a 6 hour test under heavy load).  For more details,
> see:
> http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/ticket/2533#comment:6

I continued running stress tests on the branch-5-0 build.  While I have not
yet seen the projection error again, after 06:24:13 elapsed time, tomcat
again crashed in mapObj.new().  Note that this is very similar to the stack
trace that I had seen previously (see
http://www.nabble.com/msProcessProjection%28%29%3A-Projection-library-error.-to15815968.html),
but not precisely the same.  The differences might be explained by this
build being from branch-5-0, and the previous runs being from the 5.0.0
release.  Regardless, I once again return to my notion that these are two
separate issues:

_IO_fread (/lib/libc.so.6)
yy_get_next_buffer (maplexer.c:3526)
msyylex (maplexer.c:3357)
loadClass (mapfile.c:2102)
loadLayer (mapfile.c:2577)
loadMapInternal (mapfile.c:4348)
msLoadMap (mapfile.c:4573)
new_mapObj (mapscript/java/mapscript_wrap.c:1612)
Java_edu_umn_gis_mapscript_mapscriptJNI_new_1mapObj
(mapscript/java/mapscript_wrap.c:19783)