[mapserver-users] Which OS for Mapserver?

Ken S. Elvehjem elvehjem at runestone.net
Fri Mar 7 15:50:27 EST 2008

After having established a Mapserver with MS4W on my own computer, which works exceedingly well thanks to help from the list, the time has come to start housing the MrSid files somewhere else.

We have located several web hosting services who want to help us.  One in particular asked "Do you want it on a Windows or Linux box???"

Now, I realize that flame wars have been started over such innocent questions, and I regret having to ask it in this way, but having only a limited contact with Linux *myself*  this is really the only efficient way to find out.

I'd especially appreciate hearing from someone who has tried it both ways, and can relate their experiences in a short, comparative narrative.

Sincerely,

Ken