[MAPSERVER-USERS] GetCapabilities error + bip format

cfb carla.fernandezb at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 18:13:47 EDT 2008

Hello,

I have some doubts, I'm working with MS4W 2.2.7, any answer will be really
appreciated...

1) When I get the wms GetCapabilities, at the beginning of the document it's
write "VendorSpecificCapabilities EMPTY", why?:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding="ISO-8859-1" standalone="no" ?>
<!DOCTYPE WMT_MS_Capabilities SYSTEM
"http://schemas.opengis.net/wms/1.1.1/WMS_MS_Capabilities.dtd"
 [
 <!ELEMENT VendorSpecificCapabilities EMPTY>
 ]>  <!-- end of DOCTYPE declaration -->

<WMT_MS_Capabilities version="1.1.1">

<!-- MapServer version 5.0.2 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
OUTPUT=PDF OUTPUT=SWF OUTPUT=SVG SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=AGG
SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT
SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER
SUPPORTS=SOS_SERVER SUPPORTS=FASTCGI SUPPORTS=THREADS SUPPORTS=GEOS
INPUT=JPEG INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=ORACLESPATIAL INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL
INPUT=SHAPEFILE -->

<Service>
  <Name>nnn</Name>
  <Title>nnn...

2) I've been working with MrSID, ECW and tiffs rasters format without
problems, anyone knows a way to have my WMS (MS4W 2.2.7) with bip images??
In GDAL formats supported there's "GenBin (ro): Generic Binary (.hdr
Labelled)", but MapServer doesn't work with bip format...any idea?

Thanks very much!