[MAPSERVER-USERS] PNG Image for symbol

ClackJim jimlug at co.clackamas.or.us
Wed Mar 12 14:34:31 EDT 2008

Aloha,

I am trying to use a PNG image for a symbol on a point layer.  The problem I
am running into is that the background of the PNG image is filling in with a
greyish blue color.  The PNG image was created using photoshop and the
background was transparent.  I've placed the symbol in my symbol file and
the mapfile is referencing the symbol.
# Symbol File #
SYMBOL
  NAME 'arson2'
  TYPE PIXMAP
  IMAGE '/home/mapserv/proj/pmap/arson2.png'
  TRANSPARENT 0
END

# MapFile #
STYLE
  SYMBOL 'arson2'
  COLOR 0 0 0
  OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
END

Here is what the image is supposed to look like:
http://www.nabble.com/file/p15994400/arson2.png

Has anyone experienced this issue?