[mapserver-users] oraclespatial wfs issue

porath at web.de porath at web.de
Thu Mar 13 09:42:03 EDT 2008

Hi list,

i am using mapserver 5.0.0 with oracle 10g as a wfs server. My mapfile has one layer with the following DATA statement:
DATA   "ha_koordinate from os_hako USING UNIQUE ha_id RELATE VERSION 10g"

When i do a getFeature request using comparison operator (Like) the sql produced by mapserver contains the spatial operator anyinteract (with the EXTENT set in the mapfile which includes all 1.4M rows). This is very inefficient, because it is not needed and slows down the query from 0.5 to 10 seconds. Obviously, the function osNoGeodeticData in maporaclespatial.c doesn't care if a spatial operator is needed or not. The function seems to add it depending on the configuration in the mapfile.

When i change the DATA statement from "RELATE" to "NONE" the query is very fast. But in this case queries containing spatial operators (bbox) are slowing down from e.g. 1 second to 18 secods. So I am caught between the Devil and the deep blue sea.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Holger