[MAPSERVER-USERS] Tiff files with different projections in the samelayer

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Fri Mar 14 11:53:52 EDT 2008

I fear that tileindex can contain only images sharing the same projection. But perhaps, if you do not have very many different projections, you could make own tileindex for each projection and put them under same GROUP.

Kind of a trick that might work is to reproject images to some common projection, not physically but by creating a virtual raster (.vrt).  Something like this:
C:\data>gdalwarp -of vrt -s_srs epsg:2392 -t_srs epsg:2393 saarijarvi.tif vrt_test.vrt
Followed by:
gdaltindex vrt_tindex.shp *.vrt

I have never tried that but somehow the idea fascinates me. I hope it works.

-Jukka Rahkonen.