VS: [mapserver-users] [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] can i pass variables toshp2img?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Mar 18 10:12:00 EDT 2008

John Smith wrote:
> thks so what's the difference between mapserv.exe and shp2img.exe? i
> find the naming a little confusing (map2img? mapserver_cli?)

John,

shp2img is commandline oriented, and doesn't allow nearly as many
things to be controlled as you can with mapserv.  shp2img also only
does the "drawMap" operation, not legends, templates, etc.

In fact, map2img would have been a better name, but I'm very against
change, so I wouldn't want to change it now.  It would break all my
test scripts.

Best regards,