[mapserver-users] tile server

Milo van der Linden mlinden at zeelandnet.nl
Tue Mar 25 07:08:13 EDT 2008

Hello All,

I recovered the post where I found how remote tiles from a WMS-C cache
are supported here:
http://wiki.openaerialmap.org/Using_With_MapServer

Now, what I want to use this structure for is to get OpenStreetMap maps
served as layers in my mapserver. OpenStreetMap uses mapnik to serve the
tile layers, they are accessed in the form:

http://tile.openstreetmap.org/7/63/42.png

How would an xml file be set up to serve this as a layer?

Main purpose is to expand the usability of openstreetmap into the
desktop-GIS world by using mapserver as intermediate WMS server.