[mapserver-users] upload/stream data from GPS unit?

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Thu Mar 27 16:42:18 EDT 2008

Bill Wordsworth wrote:
> Thanks Steve. I am clear about the mapping part. I am not so sure about
> streaming/uploading near-real-time GPS data from on-site to webserver
> across WPA?

I can not speak to WPA, I'm not sure I know that protocol, but if have a
cell phone that that can do HTTP GET requests to a server, you can
trivially write a php page the gets the url and writes the fields to a
database and have mapserver display that. So that is pretty real-time.

So you phone would ping a url like

And then write a track.php to fetch the paramaters and stuff them into
the DB.

-Steve W