[mapserver-users] PostGis not displayed byMapServer

susanne.kalliany at tefis.at susanne.kalliany at tefis.at
Thu May 1 11:24:44 EDT 2008

Hello to everyone,

I have an (already mentioned but - as it seems to me - not yet solved)
problem concerning PostGis used with MapServer.

My application can show shape files but not postgis-files. There are no
output files (png) generated for this layer.

Below is my mapfile.

I would be very pleased if anyone can give me some usefull hint.

Thanks a lot,

Susanne Kalliany

------------------------------
MAP
  NAME global_map
  STATUS ON
  SIZE 1000 700
  EXTENT -100300 260500 -99100 261600
  UNITS meters
  IMAGECOLOR 255 255 255
  IMAGETYPE png24

  WEB
            IMAGEPATH "C:\ms4w\Apache\htdocs\tmp"
            IMAGEURL "/tmp/"
  END

  LAYER
    NAME Ortho
    GROUP Ortho
    DATA "C:\ms4w\Apache\htdocs\ortho\alle_e_50cm.tif"
    projection
            "AUTO"
    end
    TYPE RASTER
    MINSCALE 10
    MAXSCALE 10001
    STATUS ON
    DUMP TRUE
  END

  LAYER
                        CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
            NAME UAbt
            GROUP UAbt
                        CONNECTION "user=postgres password=xxxxxxxx
dbname=tefisdb host=localhost port=5432"
     STATUS ON
     TYPE line
     DATA "roads_geom from roads"
     CLASS
          SIZE 16
          COLOR 0 0 255
     END
    DUMP TRUE
  END

END

UAbt with or without
     projection "AUTO"

DI. Susanne KALLIANY - susanne.kalliany at tefis.at

TeFiS - www.tefis.at
Technische und forstliche Informationssysteme
(Forstliche Software und GIS)

Mobiltelephon: +43 664 1424269
Telephon: +43 316 931746-0, Fax: -15

A-8010 Graz, Schillerstrasse 58