[mapserver-users] install ms4w

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Sat Nov 1 16:52:41 EDT 2008

Hi,

My recommendation is to go on with the easiest way, which for my mind is MS4W. Just make Apache run, it is for sure possible.

Possible reasons for Apache not starting with "apache-install.bat" include:
- port 80 is reserved for some other service
  solution: edit C:\ms4w\Apache\conf}httpd.conf and use some other port
- your user rights do not allow you to install Apache as service
  solution: start Apache as program from C:\ms4w\Apache\bin\httpd.exe

-Jukka Rahkonen-