[mapserver-users] GDAL and SDE raster

Liz Godwin godwin.liz at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 17:19:05 EST 2008

Hey folks,

We've been beating ourselves up over this problem and I'm not sure what to
try next.

We can't seem to connect to SDE for a raster using GDAL in mapserver.  This
is happening on Linux.

snippit from mapfile:
TYPE RASTER
DATA "SDE:server,port:5151,sde,user,pass,schema.table,RASTER"

when trying to draw a map, i get a seg fault.  When trying a getFeatureinfo
request, I get this error:

/filepath/SDE:server,port:5151,sde,user: Image handling error. Unable to
open file LayerName for layer
`/filepath/SDE:server,port:5151,sde,user/pass,schema.table,RASTER' does not
exist in the file system, and is not recognised as a supported dataset name.
 ... fatal error.
msRasterQueryByRect()

Any ideas how I might start to debug this?  I have DEBUG set to 5 in both
the LAYER and MAP object in the map file.

Thanks!

Liz