[MAPSERVER-USERS] Setting offset on a symbol within STYLE

Philippe Kruschitz p_kruschitz at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 13 04:06:36 EST 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to move my icon, which is a small flag, to fit correctly on my
map. I'm reading the geometry from a PostGIS table. Displaying the icon
works, except for the offset, which doesn't work at all. MS sytematically
puts the icon on the point (i.e. the point is in the "middle" of my icon). I
tried all possible values for OFFSET, negative/positive, but it just won't
move. I'm working on Mapserver 5.0.0. Did anyone know why this happens?
Maybe I'm doing something wrong? I read the documentation and found a thread
in the forum dealing with a similar problem, but it didn't help me much.

http://www.nabble.com/Symbol-Origin-to18715006.html#a18734570

Here's an example taken from my mapfile (the icon is 22*31px):

CLASS
  EXPRESSION ([idstatus] eq 2)
  SIZE 24
  STYLE
    SYMBOL 'etc/icons/pos/ti_icon_tourende_pos.gif'
    OFFSET 11 15
  END # style
END #class

Thanks,