[mapserver-users] Failed to show Arabic labels with MapServer 5.2

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Mon Nov 17 10:15:49 EST 2008

Jackey,

Try locating a different font. if the text is being rendered as glyphs
and they look correct, but is missing the joining information, it is
likely that the font you are using does not include the joining glyphs.

If you are using a windows machine, try getting mapserver via the
fonts.txt file to point to the arial.ttf in the fonts folder. And change
you FONT "..." to select the windows arial font. This assumes that you
can display arabic text correctly using the arial font from a windows
application like excel.

-Steve W.