[mapserver-users] Failed to show Arabic labels with MapServer 5.2

TC Haddad tchaddad at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 15:50:47 EST 2008

on re-reading Steve W's point #2 - perhaps the specific bug is that
there is a difference with when in the sequence of drawing,
OUTLINECOLOR is applied

i) when ANGLE is AUTO, OUTLINECOLOR is applied after the whole label is drawn

ii) when ANGLE is FOLLOW, OUTLINECOLOR is applied after each letter is drawn

so this ends up making a joined Arabic label look "fractured" if both
OUTLINECOLOR and ANGLE FOLLOW are used at the same time.

TH