[mapserver-users] Create a file "GML" from a layer of type "annotation".

José María Michia jose.maria.michia at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 22:33:01 EST 2008

2008/11/20 Pietro Giannini <pgiannini at bytewise.it>

> Ciao José.
>
> You can get the WFS layer in a free desktop GIS, like QGis (qgis.org) via
> a default plugin which must be activated, and then export in shapefile.

The problem is that "WFS" works only for layer of type polygon, and
not for layer of type annotation. The need to use an annotation layer,
is because i wish to get labels generalized.

Through the use of "WMS" I've been able in QGIS to show the annotation
layer. But QGIS not allow me to select elements, so that I can not
export them.

> If you need GML use ogr2ogr; qgis also has a converter plugin, but I never
> used - be careful to GML version...

Yes, I use ogr2ogr to convert the GML files to GMT format. But, until
now, i can not obtain the GML that i hope.

> Hope this help
>
> ciao
>

> --
> Pietro Giannini