[mapserver-users] php mapscript objects in session?

Pietro Giannini pgiannini at bytewise.it
Fri Nov 21 04:13:42 EST 2008

according to my little knowledge, php cannot store an instance of an
object in a session, only primitives variables like strings, integers,
floats and arrays (asp.net instead can).

for your app you must save the context (mapfile path, the extent, the
layers status etc.), and re-instance the map object at each postback.

hth

--
Pietro Giannini
Bytewise srl - Area GIS